Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh, it's like that, huh?!

Don't you just love it when you find out that other people are just as hopeless and hapless as you are? To hear other people openly admit their own silly faults? To know you're not the only one who does things like goes a day(or so...) without showering or trips and falls down like an old woman on the way to the P.F. Chang's bathroom or accidentally spits on someone's cheek while talking or.... well, I guess you catch my drift. It makes us all feel better to know we're not alone. That there's someone else who can relate to being imperfectly perfect.

I am that person, my friends.

Among other things (the spitting on the cheek thing) that I did today, I also completely botched dinner in the worst way. The desired outcome: Thai Chicken Pizza. The actual outcome: A big overly-salty catastrophe. It's not like it's the first time I've ever put something less-than-perfect on the table, it's just the fact that I really put a lot of time and effort into this meal... I bought organic free range chicken and gluten free whole grain pizza mix and all kinds of fresh veggies and herbs and jazz... it took me a long time to get that junk made! It came out looking so dern good too! But alas, it was inedible. The sauce! That butt-munch of a sauce! I shake my fist at that sauce... I usually buy a peanut satay sauce, delicious and reliable... but they didn't have it today so I bought some unheard-of brand of butt-munch sauce, a black bean sauce that I thought would be different and good.... It was not.

I literally threw the whole pizza out.

And I hate waste.

And I especially hate working for nothing.

It sucked a fatty.

The upside? I feel totally entitled to use my un-spent calories drinking several glasses of wine and eating ice cream on the couch while watching this!
Goodnight, fellow imperfectionists!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails