Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This woman is trying to kill me...

Seriously. (ok, not seriously. But kinda.) The Pioneer Woman can't possibly know the effects that her gorgeous food photos and ridiculous decadent recipes have on me. It's hard to see things like this and be workin' on my fitness at the same time. Very hard.

Butter Chicken
(the name alone being enough to send me into a swoon.)

{4 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts}
{5 cloves Garlic, Minced}
{1 teaspoon Salt}
{½ teaspoons Black Pepper}
{½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper}
{¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander}
{¼ teaspoons Cumin}
{¼ teaspoons Cardamom}
{1 whole Lime, Juiced}
{1 whole Onion, Diced}
{¼ cups Butter}
{1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce}
{1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes}
{1 pint Whipping Cream}
{Chopped Cilantro}
{Basmati Rice}

Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.

Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (I have used light cream or half-and-half also) and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.

Yum.

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

BUTTER CHICKEN?!?!? dang it! i am on a diet, otherwise i would be all over this! might just print it anyway. for the future. or for when i CAVE! :)

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Lisa -Tiffany said...

I love butter chicken I get it every time I go out for Indian its fantastic! Perfect combo of sweet and savory.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I know, Pioneer Woman's kind of evil, isn't she? She has this shrimp recipe that I'm dying to make that has like 4 ingredients, one of which is a stick of butter.

amber amick said...

wait...do you have my plates??? blast! foiled again!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails