Monday, May 4, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza

Okay, okay... So I'm no Pioneer Woman. But I did make a really good Thai Chicken Pizza for dinner last night and thought I'd try and document it. {try being the operative word.} Taking step-by-step pictures while you're cooking ain't easy, y'all! Being covered in raw chicken, having to find good light and aesthetic food placement, all the while trying not to burn things, and managing to keep your toddler out of the knife drawer... It's a feat. I did end up skipping a few crucial shots, but here's the gist:
Christy's Semi-Homemade Thai Chicken Pizza For the chicken: 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon oil, 1 Tablespoon PB (warmed in the micro if it needs help loosening up.), 2 Teaspoons hot sauce, 1 Tablespoon grill seasoning (like Montreal, or in my case, I already had some Pampered Chef Asian Seasoning Mix that I wanted to try). Whisk all of these together and set aside: I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, washed and patted dry: I butterflied them, just so they would cook evenly and quickly: Coat your chicken breasts in your yummy Peanut-Soy mixture and let it sit for about 10 minutes:
{I do apologize for all of these raw meat shots. I'm trying to be thorough.} Heat a grill pan over medium-high: Add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on each side:Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Once cooled and rested, cut the yummmmmmmy chiken into thin strips. Did I mention that this chicken is SO freakin' good? Meanwhile, back on the ranch... let's mix some pizza dough.
{Um, can you tell that I like to shop at Kroger?} Just follow the instructions on the package, or if you're fancy buy some uncooked dough from your local pizza place, or if you think you're better than me, make it from scratch. {Don't be uppity, just buy the package!} So, I really like this satay sauce. It's sweet and spicy and yummy and easy. So I use it. A lot. It's gonna be our pizza sauce. Spread it on , oh-so generously:This is what I topped my pizza with: ...And here's where I dropped the proverbial ball. I forgot to document the decking of the pizza. But ultimately, here's what went down: Onto my lovely sauce I sprinkled on some red pepper flakes, piled on some monterey jack cheese, followed by very thinly sliced red bell pepper, and finally, sprinkled on the carrots which I had shredded into matchstick size. Put all of that loveliness into a preheated 450 degree oven, on the lowest rack, and allow to bake for 10 minutes or so.



Whilst the pizza bakes, arrange your final toppings: a bunch of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped. 2 green onions, chopped, and {if you like a little zest, a lime for squeezing on at the last.}
{When the pizza comes out after the 10 minutes of baking, I add the sliced chicken and then pop it back in for just a couple more minutes just to heat the chicken up.}

When the pizza's out, sprinkle on the said accoutrements, plus some peanuts, and serve it up to yo man! {There are, of course many ways to change this up. You could use plum sauce or duck sauce instead. Or. In lieu of the lime, you could make a tangy cold "slaw" to go on top: peel, seed and thinly slice a cucumber into matchsticks. In a small bowl combine 2 Tablespoons rice wine or cider vinegar, and 2 Tablespoons honey, add the cucumber, cover and refrigerate. Add it right before serving. Scrumptious.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails