Monday, December 29, 2008

Our farmhouse: Part II

The rebirth of our dear farmhouse is well under way... the demolition work is done, and walls are being raised! My correspondent and photojournalist in Alabama (AKA my sister Rhonda) sent me the latest pics. The structure that was left standing is actually the only original part of the house. It was the one-room house that was built over 100 years ago.



The progress being made is so exciting! I can't wait to get down there and start decorating with my sisters and mom. A dream come true!

Another thing worth mentioning... The demo guys set aside all of the old window frames for me. There's a ton of them, just waiting to come home with me and be transformed. If anyone is interested in getting one, let me know. Of course, I wish I could keep them all, and do something really cool with them... like this:



or this...


...And I fully intend on doing one of these projects at some point. However, I'm sure it'll turn out to be one of those undertakings that takes a long time to come to fruition. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in having a custom designed wall hanging a la
"In The Cottage" just let me know.


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

eitak said...

i so so happy for you peeps! i would love to have a one of a kind 100 year ole alabama farm house window pic from in the cottage! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails