Monday, January 5, 2009

I commence.

A new year.
In the past I was one to make resolutions. But they were really only half hearted. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking... I'm still young... I have time... Yeah, yeah, so what?...
This year is different.
In two days I will begin the 6 month countdown to my thirtieth birthday. And NO, I'm not one of those people who go on and on about how they can't believe their turning 30...
I'm so old! ... Woe is me! ...and all that. No.
I am truly looking forward to 30. It is going to be my turning point! My new start. New life.
My twenties have mainly consisted of being a dumb ass, having fun, making friends, losing friends, getting married, buying a home, having a baby, quitting work, being a stay at home mom ...and GETTING FAT!
30 is going to be MY year! Life as I know it will begin anew.
I have goals, and I will see them through!


I will go back to work.

I will lose 40 pounds.


I will learn to love exercise.


I will be the best wife. mother. friend. daughter. sister... etc.


I will be disciplined enough to carry on with all of the above!



In two days I commence.
The first accomplishment I will have is to enter into my third decade looking like the hot mama that I truly am! My time of folly is over... and the time to make my dreams come true is here! Please pray for me as I start this new chapter in my life. I'm going to need the support of all of my friends and loved ones... it's a new year, it's a new world, it's a new me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! I have been EXACTLY where you are right now... believe me! I can completely relate to your resolve and I can say that YOU CAN DO IT! You are the MOST awesome sister, hot mama, loving friend, AMAZING mother and wonderful person! I am with you til the end... I love you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails