Monday, November 3, 2008

Bloggin' aint easy.


I know I have been less than prompt with my blogs these days.
It's been hard for me to get my mind still long enough to sit down and write anything of worth. Last week was a rush. Andy was out of town for most of the week, and then this weekend came and went in a flash! Halloween was fun for the Jackster. After vowing to make him a costume... I totally procrastinated it to death, and then on the day of, found myself with no costume, no energy and no inspiration. Needless to say, I was disgracefully running into Target at 3PM on Friday to see what I could find. The ONLY things left on the racks were for much bigger kids...
so after much searching I unearthed this Sock Monkey outfit.

...And even though it specifically said for ages 0-9months and up to 20 pounds..... I BOUGHT IT! I seriously looked it up and down and said.... "NO, I'm SURE this will fit him."
Long story short... I got it home. Tried it on him. The legs ended at his knees, the sleeves at his elbows, and the crotch wasn't even thinking about snapping. I ended up putting him in his khaki overalls, brown shoes, stitched the tail onto the butt of his pants, and put the hat on him... Of course, he was adorable.

...And I am also taking credit now for making a homemade costume. teehee...


I wish I could post an actual picture of him in it, but I left my camera behind at the grandparents house... I'll have some up soon though.

.......................................................................................................................................................
The other event of note from this past weekend was that I actually got out to see a movie.
My date and I went to see The Duchess.
To be honest I didn't really know exactly what it would be about other than it had all the ingredients of a movie which I normally love:


Set in 18th century England.
Extravagent costumes.
Love.
Betrayal.
Mostly about the lives of women.
Ralph Fiennes.

...So, I will say, that I did go into it thinking it would be a good movie. I was disappointed. Even though, and don't ge me wrong, Keira Knightly was beautiful and strong, and intriguing to watch... and my man Ralph was excellent (He really makes you HATE him.) It just wasn't enough. In my opinion, a period piece has to really take you there. Take you to that time and that world, and you leave feeling like you were living it. This movie didn't do that at all... It was mostly about relationships. And I am ALL for movies about human relationships, but they have to be engaging enough to carry the whole movie... and these just weren't. There wasn't enough substance or truth.
I left wanting it to have been so much more.


Has anyone else seen this...? Any other thoughts????
.......................................................................................................................................................

Well, I must say I do feel much more accomplished now that I have written a little something. Hopefully I'll be back with gusto the next time.
Have a good Monday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails