Thursday, November 6, 2008

inspirations

I LOVE holiday decorating! who doesn't???
I spent last evening flipping through one of my favorites...

Cottage Living

Every year I say that I am really going to go all out decorating our little cottage... but somehow it's never really happened. There are so many project ideas bouncing around in my head, and I really want to see them out. The hard part is making it all kid-friendly. With Jack charging full-steam-ahead into the (Terrible)Twos... and wanting to put his hands on everything, it's going to be a challenge. Both of the Christmases we've spent in this house have been with a sad little fake tree. And, that was OK.... but I need that Sprucey smell! I LOVE a real tree, and this year, I am putting the foot down, and getting one!... (And, undoubtedly, also getting the sap-smeared walls and pine-needle scatterings that come with.)


I digress....

I am really looking forward to getting that tree. I'm already looking for decorating inspiration. I like simple, old-timey, crafty things... I liked this little yarn tree.



...Also, I love these beautiful wreath ideas...

An herb wreath with sage, rosemary, oregano and bay.


This one would not be hard, with the raw materials that are currently littering my yard.



I love moss on anything... so these are some of my favorites.


Newspaper flowers.
I thought this was a cute idea for something a little different. (And, you're recycling. BONUS!)


Antique silverware. Beautiful.


I just can't wait to get started, and make our little home a beautiful, warm and festive place for the coming season.

Happy Thursday, y'all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails