Tuesday, February 23, 2010

on being real...

I've been thinking a lot about being a better, truer me. Sometimes I really do feel like I have to fake it. Being what I think people want me to be, or toning myself down (or cranking it up) depending on who I'm with. And that makes for an unfulfilled life. I am endeavoring to be truer to myself. Pursuing the things that interest me, embracing my quirky senses, not making excuses for anything... because it's who I am and who I want to be. Take it or leave it, ya know.

And with these thoughts running through my head, I was totally enthralled with something I ran across on Design is Mine today...

{all images:The Selby}

It's chock-full of creative people living in their unique spaces... messy, artistic, and real. I love taking peeps into people's private spaces (um, that sounded creepy.) But, for real... it's cool. Check it out.
And remember...
{source}

5 comments:

litte red afro said...

I heart this post! We all stuggle on when to let go and not hold back. I have the same issues, but sometimes I thing I am alittle too real for some people to handle, I make people feel awkward, lol. I love each and every one of your quirks! Its the quirks that make you one of a kind, and why I am your friend!

Christy said...

Thanks, Coco! I lurve you too! Crazy art chicks unite!!!

:)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

"I am endeavoring to be truer to myself." Great post! We should all strive for this!

drollgirl said...

you are so right. i think we all have to dial it up or tone it down, depending on circumstances. i have to be nice and fake a lot at work to annoying clients. then they leave and i talk shit. hahahah. it is lame, but i need my paycheck! but i think i am real on my blog and with my friends, whether it goes over well or not. :)

drollgirl said...

p.s. i have to fake it a lot with family to. they would die if they heard my potty mouth, and we would have epic wars if they knew my thoughts on many MANY topics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails