Friday, January 22, 2010

say what????

Coo-koo doesn't even begin to cover it. Last night whilst channel surfing I came across a documentary on the BBC. Within seconds, I knew there was no way I would be able to change the channel... even though I so desperately wanted to. The topic was just too bizarre not to watch.

The name of the documentary: I Married the Eiffel Tower. It explored the lives of several women that call themselves "Objectum Sexuals" who have intimate long-term relationships with objects. Yes, like, they have sex with them and stuff. They talk to them (and the objects talk back using telepathy). There was one who was completely obsessed with an amusement park ride, a church banister, a pipe organ, the empire state building, and the twin towers. The other women they profiled first fell in love with a bow (like the archery kind.) named "Lance" which she actually went on to become a world champion archer with... attributing it to their strong intimate connection, then moved on to the Berlin wall, and finally ended by marrying the Eiffel Tower.

I am telling you right now that I was literally on the edge of my seat with one eye open and one closed, willing myself to stop watching.... but I just couldn't. It was and is the strangest thing I have ever heard of in my life! I mean, I just can't get my head around it! Has anyone else ever heard of this??? Crazy! Ca-Ra-Zy!

You have GOT to watch this if you get a chance.... it's just.... just..... friggin' crazy!

2 comments:

amber amick said...

holy crap! I'm going to have to DVR that for my junk food TV time

Claire Kiefer said...

OMG! I've seen that before (watched it online) and it is absolutely terrifying . . . seriously, I felt this strange (and strong) mix of depression and fear and anxiety and sadness after watching it. I mostly remember the person who was in love with the amusement park ride. WHOA.

Hi, Christy!!
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails