Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TV dinner tribute

As you may, or may not know, I truly enjoy cooking. When Andy and I first got married, I was always cooking delicious dinners. Getting in the kitchen, taking my time, enjoying the creative process...now this seems to be a thing of the past. Having a child really does change everything. Now, it's all about speed and efficiency.
It's about cooking and cleaning at the same time. Keeping half my attention on what Jack's pulling out of the trash can, and the other half on chopping, stirring, and boiling pots. It's definitely not the relaxing culinary experience I use to enjoy.

Lately, with the Mister being out of town for several days a week, I admit, I have chosen the easy route, and stocked the freezer with TV dinners. I usually choose something out of the organic section, so I at least feel a little better about what I'm eating. Today I enjoyed a delightful lunch from Ethnic Gourmet. Butternut squash ravioli in a gorgonzola cream sauce with broccoli and pecans. YUM!


It was AMAZING for a frozen meal....

and so I'm dedicating this blog to spreading the gospel about
TV dinners.

Here are some of my other favorites...




The Amy's meals are my old standbys. They are good in a pinch.
But I must admit, those Ethnic Gourmet meals are the best.
(And the best best part is, no dirty dishes, no toddler mishaps, no work and they're cheap!)

Trust me, Try 'em, you'll like 'em!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails