Sunday, November 21, 2010

Did you think I was a goner?

I miss blogging.

I really do.

I've had a serious lack of enthusiasm about it lately (which is probably evident by my near 3 month absence).

But instead of going on and on and on and on about why I've been so blah about it and filling up an entire post with boring excuses and validations and then finally ending up not publishing anything yet again because what I've written sucks a duck egg...(sucking duck eggs= not cool)... and then sulking away from my computer with my head down because I succumbed, yet again, to my writer's block...
Let me just cut to the chase and say...

Hello, again!

It's gonna be baby steps, my friends, but I'm a comin' back!

Some things you missed:

1. We had an awesome Halloween.


2. Jack turned 4.


3. Jack broke his arm. (...while I was pushing him on the swing in the backyard. Horror. And the reason why I now refer to myself as "Mother of the year"... yeah, I feel very responsible. waaaaaahh... But he's OK, and will be out of the cast by Christmas. sigh.)

And now here we find ourselves on the cusp of the Thanksgiving holiday! My personal favorite holiday because it's smack dab in the middle of Fall (my favorite season) and because there's still SO much to look forward to once Thanksgiving's over (as opposed to the Day after Christmas when I spend the day crying on the inside.)
But mostly, I love this time of year because of the F-O-O-D, duh.

I plan on making these things at some point during this next week:

Nantucket Cranberry Pie

Creamed Spinach

Pineapple Cheese Casserole


Mmmmm........
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

1 comment:

Claire Kiefer said...

Yay, you're back! And although I love love love Thanksgiving (mostly cause of the delicious food), it makes me miss my family in Georgia so much. :( Hope yours is wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails