Wednesday, March 10, 2010

eat your greens!

Andy and I are dead-set on eating healthier up in here. More fruits, more veggies, less, um.... late-night french onion dip and brownies. And of course, my goal is to be eating all organic all the time, but who can afford this? I ask you. Who? Not we. Luckily, a good friend recently turned me onto this:


{farmersmarketbaskets.com}


What a great resource! You sign up, pay a $10 basket fee, and then you're on your way to having fresh, locally-grown fruits and veggies at half the price of that yucky grocery store produce! My bud tells me that she does it every week and LOVES it! With prices ranging from $10-$15 for a small/large regular basket or $20-$30 for small/large organic basket. Literally overflowing with yum-yums. Now, you can't beat that with a stick. If you want to try it out first (without paying $10 for your basket) you can go here and sign up.
I'm gonna!

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

what a fabulous tip!!! i am saving this! i am DOING THIS!!! thank you!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I've been thinking of getting into an organic veggie co-op. My husband and I are eating lots of veggies these days, and although I can get them for a good price through a local farmstand, I hate that we're not eating organic. Our green grocery stores are like land of the $4 tomato, so that's out of the question. I'm also considering planting a small garden of my own this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails