Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Christy's Jerk Chicken Pasta

I made some dang good pasta last night and just wanted to share...

Now, let me just go ahead and put this out there: Don't judge me because I used a store bought marinade. I know there are those of you out there that just don't do store bought. But you are weird, not me. OK, so I'm a little touchy on the subject... but I just want to clarify that I DO know how to make a marinade.... I just didn't this time. K? K. Anyway, it all started with this:
...and it ended in a delicious Jerk Chicken Pasta. It was so flippin' good, I knew right then and there that it was blog-worthy. Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
a small bundle fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces.
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
3 cloves garlic, finely minced.
linguine or bowtie pasta (I used half the package of whole wheat linguine, for 2 people.)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup half/half
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 Tbsps. butter.
2 Tbsps. olive oil.
1 tsp. dried rosemary.
1 tsp. dried parsley.
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more, if you're spicy.)
a little salt.
lots of freshly ground pepper.
1 tsp. corn starch.

Marinate your chicken for at least an 2 hours for a really good taste. Then throw it on the grill (or grill pan in my case.) Grill for about 5 minutes per side.
While chicken cooks, in a medium sized skillet, melt butter and 1 T. of olive oil over med heat. Add garlic, and once it is fragrant, add the other veggies. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Saute for 2 minutes and then remove to a plate and set aside.
In a bowl whisk together the stock, half/half, heavy cream and corn starch. Once combined, add the liquids to the same skillet you just used and stir. After sauce thickens a little (about 3 mins) add the parmesan, dash of salt, good amount of pepper, herbs and let it continue cooking over low heat.
Now, throw your pasta into the pot of already boiling and salted water and cook to package directions.
Your chicken should be about done, remove it from the heat and allow to rest about 5 mins. When rested, thinly slice it and add it to the sauce, along with the reserved veggies and the cooked and drained pasta. Taste for saltiness/spiciness factor. Give a good toss, plate it up, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan... and be amazed!

hecks yeah.

1 comment:

blueeyedfreckle said...

I lurve the nursery paintings, and I can't WAIT to make that pasta. YUMMY! Glad you like the headband!

Related Posts with Thumbnails